Thursday, July 17, 2008

Indescribable...

Ok, so I'm sitting outside today (taking a break from my miserable correspondence homework).  I'm sitting outside on my patio looking out over my vineyard with the mountains in the background.  It has finally cooled off and a nice breeze is blowing, so it is fantastic.  The view is breathtaking and I can't help but think about the one who made this beautiful masterpiece for me to enjoy.  Sometimes I feel like He made it just for me...the shades of green in the grass and the vines, the crystal blue of the sky, the gorgeous mountains in the distance, the song of the wind.  I ponder the life in the vines, the hope that looms beyond the distant mountains, the perfect temperature...its so beautiful I almost want to cry.  As I'm sitting here in the midst of the masterpiece I'm listening to Chris Tomlin's song "indescribable" and it couldn't capture the moment better.  I've been so stressed out lately about everything and yet in the midst of the storm I feel totally at peace as I take in the scene around me.  It's as if God Himself called to me, telling me to sit outside, to watch as He unfolds His glory all around me.  I can't help but be awstruck at His mercy.  How could God, magnificent enough to create all that surrounds me, be patient and loving enough to know the depths of my heart and still love me?  Why does such a mighty God take the time  to whisper love songs in my ear?  It is completely beyond me and in my awe I fall to my knees, humbled before my maker.  And as I bow down before Him He simply smiles at me, a gleam of love in His eyes, and lifts me up as if to say "enjoy my creation my darling, see what I have made for you"  He looks at me with the pride of a parent whose child makes a game-winning play, with the tenderness of someone caring for a newborn, and with the love of a friend willing to die for me.  How can I not love Him in return?  My love for Him is too much to contain, and so I pathetically attempt to put it into words to share with you.

Take time.  Go somewhere beautiful.  Look into the face of God through His creation.  He's there waiting for you.

No comments: